- By using the Service in any way, in which case You understand and agree that The Bud Group will treat Your Service use as acceptance of these Terms from the moment You first begin to access the Service; or
- Click to accept or agree to these Terms where The Bud Group offers an option to do so available to You.
If You do not agree with any provision contained in these Terms, please do not use the Service in any way.
Important Provisions in these Terms
Legal Age and Capacity
You may not use the Service and may not accept these Terms if You –
- lack the legal capacity to enter into a binding contract with The Bud Group;
- are a person who is not permitted to access or use this Service under the laws of the country in which You are resident or from which You access this Service; and/or
- require the consent of a guardian or parent to competently agree to these Terms and have failed to obtain that consent.
By using the Service and/or the Content You represent and warrant that You are of full legal age or are emancipated or have Your guardian’s consent to enter into a contract being these Terms.
Changes to these Terms
The Bud Group may, in its sole discretion, amend these Terms at any time, in any way. The Bud Group will give notice of and publish the amended Terms through the Service. The amendments will come into effect on the basis specified in the notice The Bud Group gives of the proposed amendments. It is Your responsibility to review these Terms regularly and to ensure that You agree with any amendments to these Terms. If You do not agree with any amendments to these Terms, do not use the Service.
Notwithstanding the subject matter of the Content provided through the Service, Your reliance on the Content for any purpose whatsoever and to any extent must be on the basis set out in these Terms. Not an offer The Bud Group presents the Content through the Service for informational purposes only. The Service does not cater for any particular User’s investment objectives, financial situation, or means. The Content is specifically not to be construed as –
- a recommendation; or
- an offer to buy or sell; or
- the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any Value Added Services, security, financial product, or instrument; or
- to participate in any particular trading strategy in any jurisdiction either at all or in which such an offer or solicitation or trading strategy would be illegal.
The Service may include references to certain transactions, including those involving futures, options, and high-yield securities, which tend to give rise to substantial risk and are not appropriate for all Users. Although the Content is based upon information that The Bud Group considers reliable and which The Bud Group endeavours to keep current, The Bud Group does not represent that Content is accurate, current, or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Not advice The Bud Group has not determined that the Content is suitable for any particular purpose and/or User whatsoever, other than as a general reference and has not necessarily disclosed all risks relating to the Content or its subject matter. The fact that The Bud Group has made the Content available to You is neither a recommendation that You enter into a particular transaction or a representation that the Service or any part thereof is suitable or appropriate for You. Any discussion of the risks associated with the Content, particularly with respect to the Service should not be considered to be a disclosure of all risks or complete discussion of such risks. You should not rely on the Content for professional advice (including, but not limited to business, financial, investment, hedging, trading, legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting advice) or as a basis for any investment, transactional or similar decisions you make or which are made on Your behalf without first consulting with Your own advisors (who may include Your attorney, tax, accounting and investment advisors).
Changes to the Service
The Bud Group may, in its sole discretion, add new features, where features may or may not include Value Added Services and modify or even discontinue existing features, including discontinuing such Value Added Services, without notice to You. In addition, the Service may include technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and You are urged to contact The Bud Group to confirm all information contained through the Service before placing any reliance on it. Changes are periodically made to the information through the Service and these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this Service. The Bud Group may alter or amend any criteria or information set out in this Service without notice.
The Bud Group’s Content License
The Bud Group grants you a personal, revocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-commercial, non-transferrable and non-exclusive licence to use The Bud Group’s Content either on or through the Service through a generally available web browser, mobile device or application. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling You to use the Service and The Bud Group’s Content on the Service in the manner permitted by these Terms and does not extend to scraping, spidering, crawling or other technology or software used to access data without The Bud Group’s express written consent. In the event that The Bud Group revokes this license, you may no longer use the Service or make any use of The Bud Group’s Content. Unless The Bud Group has given You specific written permission to do so, You may not transfer, through an assignment of rights, sub-licence or otherwise, Your rights to use the Content or the Service or otherwise transfer any part of Your rights to use the Content or the Service. You may copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, broadcast or publish any Content if expressly permitted (such permission to be interpreted in its most restrictive sense), provided that all trademarks, trade names and all copyright, ownership, proprietary and confidentiality notices included on or in relation to the Content are retained and displayed without alteration or modification and not in any manner obscured or removed. You are further required, as a condition of this Content license, to attribute The Bud Group as the Content’s source by publishing the page on the Service from which You obtained the Content together with any publication of the Content as permitted by these Terms. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights or rights to use the Content except where explicitly permitted to do so.
You agree to comply with all local laws, rules and regulations which govern Your use of the Service as well as to adhere to generally acceptable Internet and e-mail etiquette. In this regard, without being limited to the examples listed below, you agree not to:
- take any action aimed at deceiving or misleading any person, attempt to impersonate or misrepresent Your affiliation to any person or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of anything posted or transmitted through the Service;
- submit any person’s personal information to the Service without that person’s informed consent to do so;
- gather or attempt to collect personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent for commercial, political, charity or similar purposes;
- violate the privacy of any person or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Service or any other network, including (without being limited to) through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- use the Service to Post or transmit anything which is defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, harmful, hateful or which carries child pornography, religious or racial slurs or threatens or encourages bodily harm or the like or which may violate any person’s personality rights;
- copy, modify, create an adaptation of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the Service’s source code or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless The Bud Group have specifically told You that You may do so, in writing;
- use the Service in any manner which could damage, impair, overburden or disable the Service or interfere with any other User’s Service use;
- use the Service to Post anything which contains viruses or any other destructive features, regardless of whether or not damage is intended;
- use the Service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or Services or to offer or solicit for any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes” and “chain letters”;
- use the Service in a manner that may infringe the intellectual property rights (for example copyright or trade marks) or other proprietary rights of others; and/or
- otherwise use the Service to engage in any illegal or unlawful activity.
Should You engage in any one or more of the above practices, which shall be determined in our sole discretion (and which decision shall be final), then The Bud Group shall be entitled, without prejudice to any other rights, to:
- without notice, suspend or terminate Your Service use;
- hold You liable for any costs The Bud Group incurs as a result of Your misconduct; and/or
Personal information which you provide to The Bud Group may be used:
- To provide products or services you have requested;
- To respond to and follow up on your inquiries or complaints;
- To update any records held about you;
- To improve or detect any unlawful activities;
- To evaluate the effectiveness of The Bud Group’s marketing and for the purposes of research and statistical analysis in order to improve The Bud Group’s products and services;
- To meet a legal or regulatory obligation.
The Bud Group will not share your personal information with third parties unless:
- The Bud Group has your consent to do so for the purpose of providing a product or service;
- The disclosure is required to meet a local or international regulatory or tax authority requirement;
- The disclosure is required to meet a legal or regulatory obligation;
Communications from The Bud Group may contain information that is confidential, private or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this information (or the intended recipient’s authorised representative) you must:
- Notify The Bud Group of this fact immediately by email, fax or telephone and delete the communication from your system, where appropriate
- Refrain from storing, printing, copying, forwarding, extracting or disclosing any information contained in the communication or any part thereof
- Refrain from reading, storing, using, selling or incorporating any information contained in the communication into any database or mailing list for whatever reason including for, but not limited to, purposes of spamming or marketing
Failure to do so may amount to the unlawful interception of the communication; breach of privilege and/or confidentiality; the infringement of copyright and/or the infringement of the right to privacy, thus potentially exposing you to criminal and civil liability.
Neither The Bud Group, the communication’s originator, or any other The Bud Group representative will be liable for any loss, damage or expense of any nature (including without limitation, that caused by the corruption or loss of data, damage to software programs and interruption of business operations) resulting directly or indirectly from the transmission of the communication (including, without limitation, any malicious software code or viruses transmitted together with or obtained through the communication, or any corruption to or loss of data caused or facilitated by the communication). The views and opinions expressed in the communication do not necessarily reflect The Bud Group’s views and opinions. In particular, no employee or contractor is permitted to send (and you agree that The Bud Group will not be liable or responsible for):
- unsolicited commercial messages where recipients of unsolicited email have not specifically opted to receive or, having done so, have indicated their unwillingness to receive further unsolicited email (spam)
- messages that infringe any third party’s copyright, trademarks or other rights and interests (infringing content)
- messages containing content that is offensive, derogatory, racist, defamatory or otherwise unlawful (offensive content).
If the communication constitutes spam, contains infringing or offensive content, or was otherwise sent for purposes unrelated to the official business of The Bud Group, The Bud Group will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of any nature, no matter how arising, resulting in your receipt, use and/or consumption of this email.
You agree that you may not rely on the communication, either wholly or in part, as constituting a contract between you and The Bud Group (or otherwise has any contractual significance whatsoever) unless The Bud Group expressly states, in writing, that the communication is intended for such purposes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You irrevocably agree that the law of the Republic of South Africa shall govern Your use of this Service and these Terms. You further consent to the jurisdiction of the South Gauteng High Court, Johannesburg, South Africa in respect of disputes which may arise out of Your use of the Service and these Terms. You also irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court even though the value of a claim which We may have against You may exceed the ordinary monetary jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court.
The Terms will continue to apply until either You or The Bud Group terminates these Terms or your access to the Service, or both, on one or more of the grounds set out below. You may terminate these Terms at any time by deleting Your profile and ceasing Your use of the Service entirely. The Bud Group may at any time, terminate its contract with You in the form of these Terms if:
- You have breached any provision of the Terms (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that You do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Terms); or
- The Bud Group is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to You is, or becomes, unlawful);
- The Bud Group’s Service provision is or becomes, in The Bud Group’s sole discretion, no longer commercially viable.
Those provisions of these Terms which are intended to survive termination of these Terms shall do so.
- the full names and address of the complainant;
- the written or electronic signature of the complainant;
- identification of the right that has allegedly been infringed;
- identification of the material or activity that is claimed to be the subject of unlawful activity;
- the remedial action required to be taken by the service provider in respect of the complaint;
- telephonic and electronic contact details, if any, of the complainant;
- a statement that the complainant is acting in good faith;
- a statement by the complainant that the information in the take-down notification is to his or her knowledge true and correct.
Please address Your notifications to: The Bud Group Legal E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org We will investigate the complaint on receipt of a complete and properly formulated complaint notice and will take appropriate action where necessary. Such action may include, but is not limited to, removing the offending Content from the Service and/or taking appropriate steps against the offending User.
Any provision in these Terms which is or may become illegal, invalid or unenforceable will be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability and shall be treated as if it were not included in these Terms and severed from these Terms, without invalidating the remaining provisions of these Terms.
Documents and Notices
We choose the addresses specified on the Service at www.budgroup.co.za/contact/ for all communication purposes under these Terms, whether in respect of court process, notices or other documents or communications of whatsoever nature.
You agree to permit us to intercept, block, filter, read, delete, disclose and use all communications you send or post to or using the Service and/or to our staff and/or employees. The Bud Group may implement systems designed to intercept and monitor your communications with The Bud Group and/or The Bud Group’s Associates, to the extent permissible by law in the course of the carrying on of business and for the purpose of monitoring or keeping records of direct and indirect communications. You agree and acknowledge that the consent you provide above satisfies the requirement that such consent be in writing.
How to Interpret These Terms
These Terms contain a number of words and phrases which have specific meanings and most of which are capitalised. The Glossary, below, contains these words and phrases. We also apply certain rules when interpreting these Terms and our Interpretation Guide, also below, sets out these rules below. Interpretation Guide In these Terms, headings are for convenience and We don’t intend for them to be used to interpret the Terms. If, in the Terms, We refer to a party who is liquidated or sequestrated (or has been through a comparable process under a different legal system), then the Terms will also be applicable to and binding on that party’s liquidator or trustee, as the case may be. Unless We indicate to the contrary in these Terms, any references to any gender includes the other genders, a natural person includes an artificial person and vice versa, the singular includes the plural and vice versa. When We specify any number of days in the Terms, the number of days excludes the first day and includes the last day unless the last day falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory public holiday in the jurisdiction which governs these Terms, in which case the last day shall be the next succeeding day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or statutory public holiday. Generally speaking, references to a “day” are references to typical business days. All annexures, addenda and amendments to these Terms form an integral part of these Terms and, therefore, our contract with You.
- “Content” means all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which You may have access to as part of, or through Your use of, the Service;
- “Electronic Communication” means any text, voice, sound, image or video message sent over an electronic communications network which can be stored in the network or in the recipient’s terminal equipment until it is collected by the recipient or on the recipient’s behalf;
- “Intellectual Property” means, collectively, the patents, copyrights (and moral rights), trademarks, designs, models, brands, names, trade names, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, Know-how, trade secrets and any other type of intellectual property (whether registered or unregistered including applications for and rights to obtain or use same) which We own, license, use and/or hold (whether or not currently) in relation to the Website;
- “The Bud Group” means the The Bud Group which comprises of the affiliates and subsidiaries as shown on www.budgroup.co.za/meet-bud/ ;
- “The Bud Group’s Associates” means The Bud Group’s officers, servants, agents or contractors or other persons in respect of whose actions The Bud Group may be held to be vicariously liable;
- “Know-how” means all the ideas, designs, documents, diagrams, information, devices, technical and scientific data, secrets and other processes and methods We use in connection with the Website, as well as, all available information regarding marketing and promotion of the products and services described in these Terms, as well as all and any modifications or improvements to any of them;
- “Losses” means all losses (including, but not limited to those in respect of injury, damage to physical property or loss of life), liabilities, costs, expenses, fines, penalties, damage, damages and claims, and all related costs and expenses (including legal fees on the scale as between attorney and own client, tracing and collection charges, costs of investigation, interest and penalties);
- “Our” refers to You and Us;
- “Post” means to upload, publish, transmit, share or store;
- “Service” means The Bud Group’s Content sharing service whereby Users may use The Bud Group’s Content on the Website or through other Content delivery platforms and mechanisms including, but not limited to, micro-sites, online social networks and mobile device applications, from time to time;
- “Terms” means these terms of service, as amended from time to time;
- “Third Party” means parties other than You and The Bud Group (“Third Parties” shall have a corresponding meaning);
- “Third Party Websites” means websites other than the Website and which are operated or controlled by Third Parties;
- “Trademarks” means those trademarks The Bud Group owns (or which We are designated as beneficial owner of) and any other trademarks, designs, logos, style names, tag lines and slogans which We own or have the right to use or any derivative service offerings of, and applications for, any of same;
- “use” when used in the context of –
- the Website, means to visit or load the Website in a web browser, mobile phone or similar software application or device
or otherwise engage with the Website;
- Content, means to copy, download, distribute, display, view, modify, adapt, load in a web browser, mobile phone, software
application or device or to otherwise engage with and/or manipulate such Content;
- “User” and “You” means, in the context of content or the Website, anyone who registers with and/or uses the Website (“Users” and “Your” have corresponding meanings);
- “Value Added Services” means, from time to time, the facilitation by The Bud Group of the sale of mobile phone airtime and data bundles, and/or traffic fines, and/or electricity vouchers;
- “We” means You and The Bud Group (“Us” bears a corresponding meaning);
- “Website” means the website located at or accessed through https://www.thebudgroup as well as other The Bud Group domains as may be available from time to time.